Tuesday, May 18, 2010
i'll get to it...tomorrow!
do you know about the day zero project? it is a website started by new zealander, michael green, as a place to set and achieve your personal goals. the challenge is to complete 101 things in 1001 days. you set the goals specific to you.
some of these goals will be quickly done and some will take more time and effort. the website gives you a place to set down your goals and a place to check them off when you have met them.
i was intrigued when i read about this, as i am a horrible, no good procrastinator! what an excellent way for me(or you) to concretely set goals and see that they are carried out! the time frame of 1001 days (2.75 years) gives ample time to achieve even your long range goals.
i have already started my list of 101 items, such as:
1. back up and sort the digital pics on my computer
2. lose 10 pounds (that's a given!)
3. create a gallery of family photos on one wall of the house
4. join a yoga class
5. plant blueberry bushes
6. write a short story
7. start a compost pile
8. try making a quilt square
9. make freezer jam
10. avoid shopping at wal-mart for two whole weeks(or longer!)
you get the idea. i have 39 goals so far, i guess #40 should be "finish list of goals"!! hahaha
anyway, if this sounds like something you should do, i urge you to check it out. it's pretty cool, i'll let you know how i am doing occasionally, and hopefully, i'll finish my list!
1. pizza-i cannot tell a lie!
2. fresh herbs, especially basil!
3. dinner time without a 2 1/2 year old--again, cannot tell a lie!